- Ph.D.(P) and M. Tech degree (88.33%) from EE department, IIT Roorkee offering 6+ years of Industrial R&D and Academic experience in various engineering domains.
- Presently working as Director (Technical) in Zunik Energies Pvt. Ltd. (IIT Roorkee Incubated Startup), where I am currently working on modelling and controls of advanced power electronics converters for Renewable Energy and EV/HEV Applications
- Previously worked as Visiting Researcher at FREEDM System Center, NC State University, USA. Involved 200KVA SiC Inverter Performance Investigation Using FPGA and Development of Novel Characterization Circuit for Power Electronics Devices Testing.
- Prior to FREEDM System Center, worked as an Assistant Professor at Electrical Engineering Department in Graphic Era University, Dehradun.
- Guided 8 M. Tech students, mostly in Power Electronics and control, Renewable Energy and FPGA Controlled Converters Domain.
- Expertise in MATLAB/SIMULINK, Power Electronics Converters and Control, FPGA Controller.
- Completed major project on “Single Stage Solar Inverter” during Ph.D. (Patent Published, which is backing the Startup)
- Completed major project on “200KW SiC Inverter Testing” during work at FREEDM System Center, NC State University, USA.
- Worked in tools as Eagle software (for PCB design), Xilinx ISE for FPGA Controllers Spartan-6 and 3E; familiar with TI DSP processor (TMS320F2812 and TMS320F28335).
- Possess strong communication, team management, negotiation, leadership, training, problem solving and motivational skills.
Zunik Energies Pvt. Ltd. as Director (Technical) Nov’17-Present(1 Year 3 Months)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
- Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Identify new areas of opportunities and create plans to implement them for us and our clients
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Spearhead projects to increase our market reach and improve our USP
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Session Chair at 10th IEEE Conference Session (SCORed2017) in Malaysia.
- Conducted 1-week FDP at MVGR College of Engineering, Vizianagaram on Power Electronics for Renewable Energy & Electric Vehicle Applications.
- Nominated by IIT Roorkee for Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE-2018), Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Invited for Guest Lecture on “Trends of power electronics on renewable energy” by Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutions, Dehradun.
- Invited for Troubleshoot Inc.’ organized by Student Alumni Interaction Cell (SAIC), Thapar University, Punjab to mentor their startups
- Invited and Presented regarding our startup in TiE-Women Entrepreneurship Conclave held in IIT Roorkee organized by TIDES.
- Formulated an MOU between Zunik Energies and MVGR Engineering College (MVGR COE)
- Have an Incubation Agreement with TIDES, IIT Roorkee.
- Received IITRHF-2017 Judges Choice Award.
- Invited for Expert Lecture on “Technological Innovation and Value Addition for Rural Development” by NITTTR, Chandigarh.
- Nominated by TIDES Business Incubator, IIT Roorkee for the exhibition at Destination Uttarakhand (UKIS-2018) (Chief Guests Are Prime Minister of India and CM of Uttarakhand)
- Received 1st prize in IKMC 2018 Startup Exhibition.
- Invited delegate for CII DST India – Italy Technology Summit held on 29th and 30th Oct, 2018 at Taj Palace, New Delhi (Chief Guest is Prime Minister of India and Prime Minister of Italy).
- Invited delegate for FINTECH-2018 held on 22nd to 26th Oct, 2018 at Novatel, Visakhapatnam (Chief Guest is Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh).
- Invited to showcase Innovation at FICCI 14th Higher Education Summit
- Invited for Exhibition at Gyan Kumbh organized by Patanjali on 3-4 Nov,2018 (president of India is Chief Guest).
- Organized 1-week FDP at Aditya College of Engineering, Kakinada on Power Electronics for Renewable Energy Applications from 12th to 17th Nov, 2018.
- Selected for SLUSH 2018 which is held on 03rd to 05th December 2018 in Helsinki, Finland. (Funded by AP Innovation Society and Invest India)
Major Projects Handled
- Single Stage Converters for Solar PV Applications
- High Gain Converters for Electrical Vehicles
- FPGA Controlled Power Converters
Senior Research Fellow, Roorkee June’16-Present(2 Year 8 Months)
- Worked on Single Stage Power Conversion Project
Major Projects Handled
- Simulation and Hardware Implementation of Power Electronics Converters for Solar PV Applications
- Simulation of Novel Characterization Circuit for Power Semiconductor Device Testing
Junior Research Fellow, IIT Roorkee June’14-June’16(2 Years 0 Months)
- Worked on Capacitor Clamped Boost Inverter Project Funded by TIDES, IIT Roorkee
Visiting Researcher, NC State University June’16-May’ 18(2 Years 0 Months)
- Worked on Power America and USCi Funded Project
Major Projects Handled
- 200KVA SiC Inverter- Performance Investigation
- Novel Characterization Circuit for Power Semiconductor Device Testing
Graphic Era University (as Assistant Professor) July’12 – July’14(2 Years 0 Months)
- Took the Master’s lab, entitled” Industrial Drives Lab”
- Faculty advisor/course coordinator, Advanced Control and Industrial Drives Centre
- Working on Developing Supervisory Controls for Hybrid Electric Vehicles
Major Projects Handled
- Multi-Level Converter and Control Using FPGA for Drives Applications
- Bi-Directional Power Converters for Solar PV Applications
US Patent: Douglus C Hopkins, Dogga Raveendhra, “Energy Re-circulation Circuit and Controls for Applications including Power Semiconductor Device Characterisation”, Filed at Office of Technology Commercialisation and New Ventures, NCSU for US patent. Ref. No: 17126
US Patent: Douglus C Hopkins, Dogga Raveendhra, Subhasis Bhattacharya “Novel Single-Stage Converter and Control Scheme”, Filed at NCSU Office of Technology Transfer for US patent. Ref. No: 17125
Indian Patent: Raveendhra Dogga. Kumar Shashank Sekhar . 2013, “Effective Utilisation of Sea Water by Employing Different Modes of Renewable Energy Power Generation Methods in the Process of Desalinisation”, India, 22nd March,2013 (Filed) (Patent Application Number:861/del/2013)
Indian Patent: Raveendhra Dogga, M K Pathak, “Novel Single Stage Inverter”, Application Number : 201641038706
Indian Patent: Ravi Kumar KS, Raveendhra Dogga, Nagesh Kumar, V V Sastry Vedula, Novel Capacitor Clamped Bidirectional DC-DC Converter, Application Number : 201641038706
Russian Patent: Details will be Updated Soon…
|Grants Received/Selected (18.98 Lakhs (Received) + Incubation Facilities (worth of 16 Lakhs)+ 57 Lakhs (Yet to Receive) )|
|#||Fund/Scheme||Funding Agency||Received/Granted or Final Stage of selection(*) Amount|
|1.||Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy Fellowship/Internship Programme||DST, India||10,40,000|
|2.||International Travel Grant||IIT Roorkee||25,000|
|3.||Prototyping Grant||TIDES,IIT Roorkee||80,000|
|4.||Startup Incubation||TIDES, IIT Roorkee||*Incubation Facilities (worth 24 Lakhs )|
|5.||Startup Seed Grant||TIDES, IIT Roorkee||25,00,000*|
|7.||Faculty Development Program||MVGR COE||2 Lakhs|
|8.||Guest Lecture for one Session||DBIT, Dehradun||10,000|
|9.||Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE-2018) Travel Grant||IIT Roorkee||5,000|
|10.||IITRHF Business Plan Competition||TIDES, IIT Roorkee||30,000|
|11.||INC Most Promising Innovation Award||IKP||50,000 + 8,000|
|12.||Faculty Development Program||Aditya College of Engineering, Kakinada||2 Lakhs|
|13.||Slush, Helsinki||DIPP (Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion) and APIS||40000+1,20,000+40,000|
|14.||IEEE Journal Additional Pages||IITR||50,000*|
Honored Positions/ Achievements
- Selected for 2017 Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award by Marquis Who’s Who.
- Name listed in Who’s Who in the World 2018 by Marquis (USA)
- Name listed in Who’s Who in the World 2016 by Marquis (USA)
- Session Chair at 2017 IEEE SCOReD International Conference during 13th-14th Dec 2017 at Everly Hotel, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- Invited for 36 sessions out of 36 sessions in a Faculty Development programme at Aditya College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh (to be held on Nov12 to 17th, 2018).
- Guest Lecture on “Trends of Power Electronics on Renewable Energy System” at Dev Bhoomi Group of Institutes, Dehradun.
- Delivered 18 sessions out of 24 sessions in a Faculty Development programme at MVGR College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh.
- Invited for SAIC, Thapar University to mentor their Start-ups
- Selected for cLINK Scholarship to pursue Ph.D. from University of Northumbria, UK.
- Nominated by Ministry of Human Resource Development, India for Government Scholarship to pursue Ph.D. from any Japan University.
- Received MHRD scholarship during the M.Tech, 2010-12.
- Currently receiving MHRD scholarship during PhD from July 2014
- Received Funding from GOI (Govt. of India) to Join as a Visiting Research Scholar at FREEDM Systems Center, NC State University. (Fellowship is provided for 7 researchers from India in 6 different domains related to solar energy such as solar physics, solar chemistry,etc. and Raveendhra is one among them and only one from Electrical domain.)
- Nominated for Government Scholarship to pursue Ph.D. from any Japan UniversityWorth of Fellowship is ~90Lacs INR
- Got admission for PhD in University of Nottingham, UK from 1st Oct 2014.
- Selected for cLINK Scholarship to pursue Ph.D. from University of Northumbria,UK.(One among 34 from entire Asian Countries in Varous fields.)
- Receiving MHRD scholarship from Govt. of India for my PhD study, 2014-Till date.
- Received MHRD scholarship from Govt. of India for during M.Tech study, 2010- 12.
Reviewer for Journals/Transactions
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (Impact factor of 6.498).
- IEEE Transactions on Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (Impact factor of 5.177)
- Reviewer for International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Elsevier (Impact factor of 3.432).
- Journal of Solar Energy, Elsevier (Impact factor of 3.469)
- Reviewer for Power Electronics, IET (Impact factor of 1.6).
- Electric Power Components and Systems Journal, Taylor and Francis (Impact factor of 0.69).
- Reviewer for IETE Journal of Research (Impact factor of 0.6).
- Reviewer for Generation, Transmission & Distribution, IET (Impact factor of 1.353).
- Reviewer for International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems (Impact factor of 1.085).
- Renewable Power Generation, IET (Impact factor of 1.60)
- Reviewer for IEEE Access.
- Reviewer for Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (Elsevier)
Invited Talks/Session Chairs
- Speaker Invitation for INAIT Conference-2019, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Speech Invitation from 7th Annual World Congress of Advanced Materials (W.C.A.M) 2018, in Xiamen, China with theme of “Innovation, Integration, Transformation and Sustainability
- Got an Opportunity to present an Invited paper at MIC-Electrical 2014 (1st International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Application), to be held in Athens, Greece: 4-6 April 2014
- Got an invitation to deliver a speech at 1st International Symposium on Energy Challenges and Mechanics, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK, 8-10 July 2014.
- Got an invitation to contribute a talk in a Session 02: Renewable energy at 3rd International Symposium on Energy Challenges and Mechanics (ECM3) – towards a big picture, 7-9 July 2015, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
- Speech Invitation from the World Congress of Smart Energy-2017, Wuxi, China for Session 301: Solar PV Technologies
- Speaker Invitation for 6th Annual World Congress of Advanced Materials-2017 (WCAM-2017, Xi’an) at Track702: Photovoltaics, Solar Energy, Artificial Photosynthesis Materials and Devices
Lead Guest Editor
- Got an Invitation from Science PG to propose a Special Issue in my research field and offered Lead Guest Editor, Science Publishing Group, NEW YORK, U.S.A.
- Full Member (MEEC) of the European Energy Center
Technical Program Committee for Journal
- Technical Program committee member for International Journal of Computing and Digital Systems (IJCDS).
Technical Program Committee for Govt. Summits/Conferences
- Technical Program committee for International Biometrics & Smart Government Summit (IBMSGS’ 2014), 22-24 March 2014, Dubai, UAE.
- Technical Program committee for IEEE International Conferences on Composite materials and Renewable Energy Applications (ICCMERA’2015), Sousse, Tunisia, 22-24 January 2015.
- Technical Program committee for International Conference on Solar Energy and Building (ICSoEB’ 2015).
- Program committee for 2014 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Energy and Power Systems, June 2-6, 2014, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Technical Program committee for IEEE International Conferences on Composite materials and Renewable Energy Applications (ICCMERA’2014), Sousse, Tunisia, 22-24 January 2014.
- Technical Program committee for International Conference on Computer Vision and Image Analysis applications (ICCVIA’ 2014), 25-27 March 2014, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
- Technical Program Committee for 2014 IEEE Conference on Energy Conversion (CENCON 2014), 13–15 October 2014, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Technical Program Committee member for IEEE International Conference on Energy Conversion (CENCON 2015), , Johor Bahru Malaysia, 19-21 October 2015.
- Technical Program Committee member for 2017 IEEE SCOReD to be held during 13th Dec,2017 to 14th Dec,2017 at Everly Hotel, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- Technical Program Committee member for CENCON 2017-(2017 IEEE Conference on Energy Conversion (CENCON)) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 30–31 October 2017.
- Member for SIRS-2017 (Third International Symposium on Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems (SIRS’17)).
- Member for IEEE TENSYMP 2017 (2017 IEEE Region 10 Symposium (TENSYMP)).
Reviewer for IEEE Conferences held in Abroad
- Reviewer for IEEE International Conference on Research & Development (SCOReD), 16-17 December 2013, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- Reviewer for IEEE International Conference Reviewer for IEEE International Conference on Composite materials and Renewable Energy Applications ICCMERA’2014, 22-24 January 2014, Sousse, Tunisia.
- Reviewer for 2014 IEEE 8th International Conference on International Power Engineering and Optimization (PEOCO2014), 24-25 March, 2014, Langkawi, Malaysia.
- Reviewer for 23rd IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE 2014), June 1-4, 2014, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Reviewer for 3rd International Conference on Frontiers in Intelligent Computing, Theory and Application (FICTA-2014), Orissa, India, 14-15 November 2014.
- Reviewer for Annual Convention and International Conference on Emerging ICT for bridging future (CSI-2014), 12 Dec, 2014.
- Reviewer for Second International Conference on Information systems Design and Intelligent Applications – 2015 (INDIA-2015) Kalyani, India, January 8-9, 2015.
- Reviewer for Renewable Energy and Green Technology International Conference 2015 (REEGETECH’2015), Bali, Indonesia, 2 – 4 June 2015.
- Reviewer for 2015 Advanced Research In Material Sciences, Manufacturing, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering Technology International Conference (AR4MET2015), Bali, Indonesia, 2-4 June 2015
- Reviewer for 2017 IEEE SCOReD to be held during 13th Dec,2017 to 14th Dec,2017 at Everly Hotel, Putrajaya, Malaysia
- Reviewer for CENCON 2017-(2017 IEEE Conference on Energy Conversion (CENCON)) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 30–31 October 2017
- Reviewer for [ARiEET’2017] 2017 2nd Advanced Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology (ARiEET)
- Reviewer for [RESEECS’2017] 2017 Recent Development in Sciences, Engineering and Computer Sciences International Conference
- Reviewer for [I4CT’2018] 2018 4th International Conference on Computer, Communication and Control Technology
- Reviewer for [SISTECH’2018] 2018 Symposium on Islamic Sciences and Technology
- Reviewer for [AVAREIT’2018] 2018 2nd Advanced Research in Electronic Engineering and Information Technology International Conference
- Reviewer for 2018 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI)
- Reviewer for ICCMREA 2017 (2017 International Conference on Composite Materials & Renewable Energy Applications)
- Selected as Assistant Professor in Addis Abbaba Science and Technology University, Ethiopia on contract basis of 2 years.
Books/ Books Chapters/ Lecture Notes
- DBLP Lecture Notes in Computer Science Engineering: Raveendhra, Dogga,“Simulation based study of FPGA based controller for Single-Phase Matrix Converter for different types of loads” , IDES CPS in LSCS Series. (Indexing: Thomson ISI Proceedings, DBLP, IET Inspec, Scopus, EI Compdex, Google Scholar, Proquest, etc.)
- Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering:Raveendhra, Dogga,Padmanabh Thakur, Abhisekh Chauhan., “FPGA Controlled Power Conditioning System for Solar PV Fed PMDC Motor”,LNEE Springer.ISSN: 1876-1100. (Indexing: ISI Proceedings, EI-Compendex, SCOPUS, EI Compendex, MetaPress, Springerlink)
- Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering: Abhisekh Chauhan, Padmanabh Thakur, Raveendhra, Dogga.,“Quantification and Assessment of Voltage Unbalance Condition”, LNEE Springer.ISSN: 1876-1100. (Indexing: ISI Proceedings, EI-Compendex, SCOPUS, EI Compendex, MetaPress, Springerlink)
- Dogga Raveendhra, MK Pathak, “3-Phase Capacitor Clamped Boost Inverter”, IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics (Impact Factor: 5.177)
- Dogga Raveendhra, MK Pathak, “Recent Trends in Solar PV Inverter Topologies”, Solar Energy (Elsevier) (Impact Factor: 4.377) (Status: Reviews Completed, Accepted for publication with minor changes)
- B.L, Ramanjaneya Reddy U,Raveendra Dogga,Design and Analysis of Voltage Clamped Bidirectional DC-DC Converter for Energy Storage Applications, IET Journal of Engineering, Open Access
Research Publications in IEEE
- Raveendhra, Dogga.; Pathak, M. K.; Panda, Aurobinda; , “Power conditioning system for solar power applications: Closed loop DC-DC convertor fed FPGA controlled diode clamped multilevel inverter,” Electrical, Electronics and Computer Science SCEECS), 2012 IEEE Students’ Conference on , vol., no., pp.1-4, 1-2 March 2012,India,DOI: 10.1109/SCEECS.2012.6184820 (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Raveendhra, Dogga.; K.P.G Swamy; Padmanabh Thakur, “FPGA based 2-stage power conditioning system for PV power generation,” IEEE International Conference on Power, Energy and Control, 6-8 February2013, India.DOI: 10.1109/ICPEC.2013.6527622 (EI indexed and Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Samuel; Dr. Deepak Joshi; Dr. R.S. Prasad; Raveendhra, Dogga. , ” The practicability of ICA in home appliances load profile separation using current signature: a preliminary study,” IEEE International Conference on Power, Energy and Control, 6-8 February 2013, India. DOI: 10.1109/ICPEC.2013.6527756 (EI indexed and Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Raveendhra, Dogga.; Babloo Kumar, Devesh Mishra, Meenakshi Mankotia, “Design of FPGA based Open Circuit Voltage MPPT Charge Controller for Solar PV System,” IEEE International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies, 2013 21st&22nd March, India. DOI: 10.1109/ICCPCT.2013.6529012 (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Dogga. Raveendhra, B.L.Narasimha Raju, Padmanabh Thakur, “Design and Small signal analysis of solar PV Power Conditioning system fed FPGA Controlled Bi-Directional DC-DC Converter “IEEE International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies, 2013 21st&22nd March, India. DOI:10.1109/ICCPCT.2013.6529011 (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Tripti Saini, Raveendhra, Dogga. Padmanabh Thakur, “Stability Analysis and Design of FPGA Based Perturb and Observe Method MPPT Charge Controller for Solar PV System,” 2nd IEEE Students Conference on Engineering and Systems (SCES), April 12-14,2013, INDIA. DOI: 10.1109/SCES.2013.6547545 (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Abhisekh Chauhan,Padmanabh Thakur,Raveendhra, Dogga.”Voltage sag characterisation and detection,”2nd IEEE Students Conference on engineering and Systems (SCES), April 12-14,2013, INDIA. DOI: 10.1109/SCES.2013.6547498 (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Raveendhra, D.; Prakash, P.; Saini, P., “Simulation based analysis of FPGA controlled Cascaded H-Bridge Multilevel inverter fed solar PV system,”Energy Efficient Technologies for Sustainability (ICEETS), 2013 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.568,572, 10-12 April 2013 (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Raveendhra, Dogga.; Chendika Venkata Avinash, Sunil Samual, “Small Signal Analysis and Design of FPGA based Fractional Open Circuit Voltage MPPT Charge Controller for Solar PV System ,” IEEE International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies, 2013 21st&22nd March, India. (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Shailendra Singh, Munendra Singh, Saurabh Chanana and Dogga Raveendhra, “Operation and Control of a Hybrid Wind- Diesel-Battery Energy System Connected to Micro- Grid,”IEEE Sponsored International Conference on Control, Automation,Robotics and Embedded System 2103 Dec 16-18(Indexed in SCOPUS).
- Dogga Raveendhra, Rahul Kumar and Shailendra Singh, “Performance investigation of FPGA controlled central three-Level diode clamped inverter in two-stage SPV system”, Second international conference on Electrical Energy System (ICEES), 7th- 9th January 2014 (Indexed in SCOPUS).
- Dogga. Raveendhra,Peerzada Ridwan ul zaman and Kumar Govind,“FPGA controlled high gain Bi-Directional DC-DC Converter (BDC) for energy storage of solar power”, Second International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES -2014) at chennai. 7-9 January 2014 (Indexed in SCOPUS).
- Dogga. Raveendhra, Praval Joshi and Rohit Kumar Verma, “Performance and control system design for CVMPPT boost Converter for FPGA controlled SPV water pumping System for Remote applications”, 2014 Power and Energy Systems Conference: Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTSE),13 Mar-15 Mar 2014(Indexed in SCOPUS).
- Dogga. Raveendhra, Saad Faruqui and Parvesh Saini “Transformer less FPGA Controlled 2-Stage PV System”, 2014 Power and Energy Systems Conference: Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTSE), 13 Mar – 15 Mar 2014(Indexed in SCOPUS).
- Dogga Raveendhra, Harshit Mohan, M K Pathak&Poojitha Rajana,”Model Reference Adaptive Controller based Stand Alone Solar PV Pumping System” IEEE International Conference on Research & Development (SCOReD), 13-14 December 2017, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- Dogga Raveendhra, M K Pathak, “Modular Multi-Level Inverter with self-healing power unbalancing capability in Single Stage Solar PV Systems” IEEE International Conference on Research & Development (SCOReD), 13-14 December 2017, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
- Won a certificate of merit for presenting a paper entitled“Embedded based 1-phase to 3- phase Conversion“at Aadhrita’08 a National level Student meet held at M.V.G.R. College of Engineering College in 2008.
- Development of Cascaded H-Bridge MLI for solar PV system
- Development of Bi-Directional DC-DC Converter for Solar Applications
- Development of MPPT charge controller for photovoltaic solar PV system
- Performance and Control System Design for FPGA based CVMPPT Boost Converter for Remote SPV Water Pumping System Applications
- FPGA Controlled High Gain Bi-Directional DC-DC Converter (BDC) for Energy Storage of Solar Power Performance Investigation of FPGA Controlled Central Three-Level Diode Clamped Inverter in Two-Stage Solar Photo Voltaic (SPV) System
- Transformer Less FPGA Controlled 2-Stage Isolated Grid Connected PV System
B.Tech Projects: Guided 30 Batches of B.Tech Projects.
Research Areas of Interest
- Power Conditioning Systems for Renewable Energy Sources
- Advanced Power electronics
- FPGA Controlled Drives
- Switched Mode Power Supplies and
- Control Systems
- Languages: C, Embedded C, MATLAB , VHDL
- PCB Software’s: Eagle, PCB WIzard, Circuit Wizard.
- Operating systems: Windows, Ubuntu
- XIlinx ISE
- Xilinx System Generator
- dSPACE Control desk
- MS Office
- Arduino IDE and
Hardware Controllers (Hands on Experience):
- Opal RT (NCSU)
- FPGA Controller (Spartan-3E and Spartan-3A)
- DSP Controller (TMS320F2812)
- Analog Controllers and
- Arduino MCUs (Arduino Due, Arduino Mega, Arduino Uno) and
- TI Piccolo Lunch Pad
Hardwares Designed / Tested:
- Gate Driver for High Power Sic Devices
- 200kW SiC inverter testing
- Energy Recircuilation Converter for High Voltage/ Power Device Characterisation
- Single stage inverter with Boost Capability for Solar PV applications
- Speed Control of FPGA Controlled Multi Level Inverter Fed Induction Motor
- Diode Clamped Multi Level Inverter for Solar PV applications
- Closed Loop Controlled DC-DC Converter
- Performance Investigation of 200KW Sic Inverter: (FREEDM Systems Centre, NC State University)
- Performance investigation of Active Gate Drivers – Software Configurable Gate Driver: (FREEDM Systems Centre, NC State University)
- Novel single stage Boost Inverter: (FREEDM Systems Centre, NC State University)
This Project introduces a novel type of 3-phase single stage dc-ac converter, which is controlled by sliding mode control, offers intrinsic step up abilities. Proposed inverter is designed with the lesser number of solid-state semiconductor switches and small passive elements. Sliding mode controller (robust controller) is designed to control this power converter in order to achieve high robustness,sustain any kind of line or load variations and achieve a good dynamic response. In addition to this, the voltage across every capacitor is less when compared with existed traditional boost inverter topologies, which leads to better reliability and enhanced life span of the converter. This scheme also offers very less harmonic in the output voltage and currents. Proposed scheme is tested for different line and load varying conditions on MATLAB Simulink environments as well as on a prototype.A 500W prototype has been fabricated and experimented to validate the feasibility and benefits of the system.Simulation and Experimental results reveal that proposed inverter offers better reliability, power quality and high life time over the existed topologies.
- Novel Testing Circuit for Power Electronic Device Characterization:(FREEDM Systems Centre, NC State University):
A novel energy recirculation circuit, utilizes the concept of energy recirculation, with the power augmentation capability is proposed. Proposed ERSC can be used as device in-situ testing unit,by utilizing naturally occurring high electrical stresses on devices from a low-cost low-power source-supply energy for high power testing of power electronic devices. This topology allows devices to be examined at full-power stresses without connected mwith high power load and also without demanding high power,by storing and recirculating the energy of the energy storage elements,which elevates the capability of source power. This converter can operate in four different modes of operation, namely, soft-start, magnetize, charge and energy recirculation modes with the four active states of operations attained by two active switches of the proposed converter.Another feature of this converter is, based on the devices under test devices performance these two circuits can be designed to operate in synchronous or asynchronous manner, i.e.faster devices or slower devices can be tested.
For an in-situ testing of high current and/or voltage devices, this circuit offers several advantages such as simple circuit design, does not demanding any high voltage step up transformer for realizing high voltages/currents, can be able to operate from low voltage/ power supply, cheapest solution and also provides fast response in comparison with conventional cascaded boost/buck and cascaded buck/boost ERSCs. To validate the concept, simulations are carried for testing of 1.2KV and 100A using 100V and 8A. And also, the same is going to prove with the help of lab made prototype.
- Development of Efficient Single stage Power Converter System for Solar PV applications
- High Power Quality Transforerless Inverter for Solar PV applications
- DEVELOPMENT OF CONVERTER SYSTEM FOR SOLAR PV POWER GENERATION:(IITR):
Renewable energy resources will be an increasingly important part of power generation in the new millennium. The main objective of this project is to develop a power conditioning system, which can be used to extract the variable DC power from the sun.It is converted into fixed dc by using DC- DC boost converter and then converted into AC power by using 3- level diode clamped inverter,to feed AC load effectively.In this project simulation results of FPGA Controlled Photovoltaic (PV) power conditioning system for AC loads are presented.The power conditioning system consists of a diode clamped three level inverter fed by closed loop voltage controlled DC- DC Boost converter.This closed loop control of DC- DC converter is implemented by a conventional Pulse Width Modulator (PWM) with duty cycle ratio control method. This boost converter is designed to obtain regulated voltage from the variable DC supply.A level shift sinusoidal PWM is used to control the multilevel inverter on FPGA.
- FPGA CONTROLLED DIODE CLAMPED 3-LEVEL INVERTER: (IITR) (6months): In this project, hardware of Diode clamped 3-level inverter is implemented and is controlled by FPGA Controller. This 3-level inverter is mainly developed for medium level power applications. FPGA has been preferred over a traditional microcontroller because an FPGA can work at frequencies of order of 50MHz, while the latter can work with frequencies up to 5-6 MHz only, making the FPGA faster and more accurate in generation of firing pulses.
- SIMULATION OF SPMC BASED CYCLOCONVERTER: (GMRIT) (6months): The backbone of modern industry is electrical drives.Tremendous changes in speed control of electrical machines have been taken place with the development of power electronics. Now days, AC motors are also used for variable speed applications. At present in speed control of AC machines, single phase Cycloconverters are widely used for AC#AC power conversion. In this project, Single Phase Matrix Converter (SPMC) Topology using IGBT#s as power switches is used for Cycloconverters operation in place of conventional thyristor as it offers number of advantages. In this project, well known Sinusoidal Pulse Width Modulation (SPWM) scheme is used for generating gate pulses to IGBT#s.This project presents work on modelling and simulation of Cycloconverters using MATLAB/Simulink incorporating the Sim Power System Block set.
- Attended a Industrial Training for 1 month on ‘Protection and Detection of 3-Phase Transformers faults and its diagnosis’ at WICORE PVT Industries Ltd. in Dec, 2008.
- Attended a National Workshop on MATLAB and its Applications” conducted at GMR Institute of Technology in Dec, 2008.
- Actively participated a IEEE associated workshop ‘CIRCUIT SAPIENS’ on MATLAB and PCB Design for Engineers at Graphic Era University in Mar,2013.
- Delivered a Seminar at IEEE International Conference at MNNIT, Bhopal
- Delivered a Seminar at IEEE International Conference at PSNA College of Engg.
- Delivered a Seminar at IEEE International Conference at Nagapatnam.
- Delivered a Seminar at National Conference at MVGR, Vizianagaram.
- Curriculam seminars at GMRIT and IIT Roorkee.
- Won a certificate of merit for presenting a paper entitled “Embedded based 1-phase to 3- phase Conversion“ at Aadhrita’08 a National level Student meet held at M.V.G.R.College of Engineering College in 2008.
- Attended a National Level Workshop on “MATLAB and its Applications“ conducted at GMR Institute of Technology in Dec, 2008.
- Secured a certificate of merit in the State wide Talent Test conducted by VIKAS PRATIBHA AWARDS SOCIETY, 2002-03.